We have stripe!

A girl gets bored with nothing but oatmeal. When I bought this Shetland yarn from a local yarn shop here in Corrientes (Argentina) I got 2 balls of a Bordeaux red and navy blue at the same time. I thought maybe I would add a little decoration but the whole red white and blue was eating at me, and even if it really doesn't look all that American flag-y I decided to re-vamp my original plan and leave the navy out.

The pattern goes a bit something like this, 5 bands of oatmeal, 3 rhubarb color, 2 oatmeal, 2 rhubarb, 2 oatmeal. Since it is no longer simply oatmeal, we are going to have to change names as well. This is not the Rhubarb Crumble blanket. Here is a close up of the detail you get when switching colors:
It has been a load of fun watching this throw grow, but it is starting to get so big it is a bit of a pain to lug around with me.


Worse still hauling it around in a taxi over to my boyfriends mothers house, where their dog Canela just had 6 babies! I was even lucky enough to arrive before the 6th was born and watch it come out in all of its green slimy glory. I swear that that dog ate the placena in less then a second it was an amazing sight!



5 comments:

The UNvirgin Mary said...

Kind of a gross discription there hun..... but the puppies are adorable!!!! Hows Barro doing??

logcabbin said...

Kathy I love your version of the Anthropologie shrug, from Peony Knits. I am a new knitter and have started and undone it 4 times. The increases come out uneven with right front section having more stitches each round, and the eyelet holes angling the same way for each side. I see the pattern worked beautifully for you. How do I figure out what I am doing wrong? I really want to make this for my grand daughter's 16th b-day.
Thanks Jo
PS how did you make that adorable tie closing?

logcabbin said...

Kathy I love your version of the Anthropologie shrug, from Peony Knits. I am a new knitter and have started and undone it 4 times. The increases come out uneven with right front section having more stitches each round, and the eyelet holes angling the same way for each side. I see the pattern worked beautifully for you. How do I figure out what I am doing wrong? I really want to make this for my grand daughter's 16th b-day.
Thanks Jo
PS how did you make that adorable tie closing?

logcabbin said...

Kathy I love your version of the Anthropologie shrug, from Peony Knits. I am a new knitter and have started and undone it 4 times. The increases come out uneven with right front section having more stitches each round, and the eyelet holes angling the same way for each side. I see the pattern worked beautifully for you. How do I figure out what I am doing wrong? I really want to make this for my grand daughter's 16th b-day.
Thanks Jo
PS how did you make that adorable tie closing?

Kate said...

Well, it is hard for me to know what is going wrong, but I suggest taking a look at knittinghelp.com, they have fabulous videos on doing increases and such. The tie is SO easy though, I literally twisted the yarn. Yup that is, and now 2 years later it looks as good as new, all you do it take some yarn, twist it, and then double it over so it winds up on itself. Then just knot the ends. Hopefully that helps.