Caprese Celebration

Well, I made the ultimate choice, I am backing out of law school a week before classes start and I am going to become a pastry chef instead.

Working in a restaurant for the last few months has made me realize that this is what makes me happy, so I might as well do it, everyone else seemed to take the news a lot better than I did. An "oh yeah, well good, we thought you would all along" kind of reaction that leaves me (the person on the receiving end of the paycheck) a little stunned. I guess I don't need to prove myself to the world as much as I thought I did, and now it is time for me to be happy. Hence a celebration in simplicity, with my Pike Place Market hoard of yummies:

One Summery Caprese Salad Celebration!



Heirloom Tomatoes
Fresh, Dewy Basil
The Best Mozzarella I could get my hands on (its not buffalo though, I am not that rich)
A Loving Drizzle of E.V.O.O (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Fleur de Sel
Course Ground Pepper

I actually did a taste test on the Heirloom vs Vine Ripened, and the course ground pepper to the ashy dust that I get from my pepper grinder, and I have to say, the kid makes sense, if you can get your hands on the stuff, do so because it is much much tastier, even if it isn't fresh ground.

(Outside Enjoying The Sun and Fresh Yummies)

7 comments:

CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

Hola Kathy! Congratulations on following your heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy! This salad looks amazing! Is there some restaurant where we could get it? I'll love to treat my wife!
Francisco from Seattle.

Katy said...

I am sorry Francisco, but I am not sure where you could go to buy it. But if you really want to impress your wife you should make it yourself! If you can cut a tomato that is all you need. Really it is so easy, just head over to pike place market and pick over the produce. There is nothing like a little date to the market with a delicious meal afterwards that you make yourself!

Nerissa said...

congratulations on making your transition into a beloved field. I wish you joy and success in your new direction.

Anita said...

congratulations on making a big leap! I made a similar one so I know how intimidating the choice can be but happiness always comes from following your dreams. Best of luck!

PHOTO CHANNELL said...

PHOTO CHannell

Yours sincerely.
It was with some satisfaction that I read their chronic and saw his Biography.
This BLOG intends “TO GIVE & TO RECEIVE” information, of everything what in it encircles them, to say the truth without fear. To say a language that the people understands and likes to hear, and to see the reality of a “naked and raw SOCIETY”, much ignored time. Valley the penalty to see and to hear. Still, that the impact of these “PHOTOS AND VIDEOS “can produce a reflection effect, and until preventive.
I also want to make my "BLOG" which I think is a good vehicle for the transmission of information and awareness of global issues!
And already now call for after seeing make any comments if they feel, and also if possible to disclose your friends or with other communities.
Now my thank you for your attention!
Hug and all the best!

We count on all internautas, that they can order information that judge important PHOTOS VIDEOS TEXTS
DEBTOR

http://photochannell.blogspot.com/

PT

Vancouver Isle Doug said...

I know this is a bit tardy, but I just found your blog and have to leave a comment. My husband and I just moved to Vancouver Island and I was searching for Pacific Northwest-type info, seeing that we came from Milwaukee and all I know is US Midwest. Your blog looks fantastic, I'll be making notes of recipes, and kudos to you for deciding to be a pastry chef instead of a lawyer. One has to be happy, right? I'll be checking back for updates and you are going on MY blog as one of my favorites. Check it out, if you get a chance: http://newlycanadian.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Doug